- On July 29, 2015 the contractor began field work. Lafayette Avenue closed to thru traffic between Patterson Avenue/Chicago Street and Powell Street for installation of storm and sanitary sewer structures.
- Contractor is currently installing storm sewer structures and pipe on Lafayette Avenue between Progress Street and Patterson Avenue, and at Henry Street and Franklin Street.
- New sanitary sewer installed on Lafayette Avenue between Progress Street and Franklin Street.
- It is anticipated that Lafayette Avenue at Prairie Creek Bridge will open to thru traffic by September 18th.
- Lane restrictions on Lafayette Avenue between Hoy Avenue/W. Royal Street are expected to begin on September 10th. One lane of traffic will remain open with traffic control officers.
- Lane restrictions on Lafayette Avenue between Riley Road and Hoy Avenue/W. Royal Street are scheduled for early/mid-October.
- Conflicts with existing utilities have created some delays, but the project is still anticipated to be completed by the end of November as planned.